What Kind User Data Do We Collect?
We do receive and/or collect User Data from you in the following ways:
- Account. You may be required to create an account (“Account”) to use some of the features and services included in the App. You can create an account in any of the following ways:
- Online Registration Form: You may create your Account by completing and submitting our online registration form. If you do so, we may ask you for certain Personal Information.
- Third Party Accounts: You may also connect to the App and link your Account with your account on a third party service, such as Facebook or Google. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your third party account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your third party account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email or text message to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
- Medical Condition. In order to provide the Services and/or the Outreach, we may ask you to provide medical information, such as your physical sensations, symptoms, pain, treatments and medication habits. We will also work with your healthcare provider to collect related Provider Supplied Data.
- Behavioral Data. In order to provide the Services and/or the Outreach, we may use certain data collected from your mobile device in order to infer behavioral activities related to your medical condition, such as your sleeping habits and heartrate (“Behavioral Data”).
- “Contact Us” Information. You can contact us by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display. For such purpose, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services that require data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the App is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user’s movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. Our Services may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other technologies in order to provide our Services and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user.
- Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device, such as your mobile device type, mobile device ID, and date and time stamps of App use (“Device Data”). In addition, we may deploy other technologies within the App to help us understand how our users like to use our App, Services and/or the Outreach, and for such purpose we will use anonymous and aggregated data (and not Personal Information).
How Do We Use User Data?
- We may use your User Data in the following ways:
- to create a limited and de-identified data sets using the Canopy Platform (and any algorithm, software, or other technology contained therein), either alone or in combination with other data as may be provided from time to time by a third party (“Canopy Platform Data”);
- to provide Services to your healthcare provider;
- to provide and improve our products and services, including but not limited to the Canopy App and any related software, products or services used with health care providers;
- to conduct quality of life and/or outcome-based studies, including on behalf of any third party, provided such study uses only Canopy Platform Data;
- for any other commercial or research-related purposes, provided such purpose uses only Canopy Platform Data as permitted by law;
- to contact you in connection with the App, Services and/or the Outreach and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for;
- to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the App, Services and/or the Outreach that you are authorized to access;
- to send you updates or news regarding the App, Services and/or the Outreach and/or our products; and/or
- to respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
Do we share your Personal Information?
We will not share your Personal Information, except as set forth below:
- We may transfer your Personal Information to our local or foreign subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or to our third party hosting service providers, for the purpose of storing or processing such information on our behalf or to assist us to provide our Services to you and other users. Such information may be transferred to other countries.
- We may disclose your Personal at our discretion in order to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Canopy, our users, yourself or the public.
- To share with and provide Services to your healthcare provider and facilitate Outreach.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other App, Services and/or the Outreach-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. If you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the App, Services and/or the Outreach.
We wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request. If you choose to remove yourself and your personal data, please include that in your request.
Canopy takes security seriously. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the personal Information submitted to us. For example, we encrypt the data in transmission using secure socket layer technology (SSL), as well as on your mobile device and on our servers using industry standard encryptions. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Services, you can contact us at: email@example.com.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
If we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign User Data in connection with the foregoing events.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses the Services.
Deletion of Content from California Residents
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Modification and Additional Questions
Last updated: October 13th, 2021